Yoghurt cake with Strawberries & Lemon glaze
This delicious recipe is developed for GastroMax by Sonja Dahlgren from the popular food blog, Dagmar's Kitchen
150 g butter, luke warm
1,5 dl sugar
1,5 dl coconut sugar
1 table spoon lemon juice
4 dl fine spelt flour
¾ tea spoon baking soda
½ tea spoon salt
zest from 1 lemon
1 ¾ dl thick yoghurt, 10% fat
225 g strawberries, neatly diced
2 table spoons fine spelt flour
2-3 table spoons lemon juice
2 dl icing sugar
1) Spread butter in a baking form of 1,8 liter, sprinkle some flour on its edges and shake off the excess. Heat the oven to 175° C.
2) Mix flour, baking soda, salt and lemon zest in a bowl and put aside.
3) Whisk butter, sugar and coconut sugar until it’s airy and has a light brown color. Add the eggs one at a time while whisking carefully. Finally add 1 table spoon of lemon juice.
4) Add the flour mix into the egg mix together with the yoghurt. Mix the strawberries with 2 table spoons of spelt flour and add to the batter.
5) Add the batter spoon by spoon into the baking pan and even out the surface. Bake in the lower part of the oven 55-60 minutes. Let cool on an oven rack.
6) Mix lemon juice with icing sugar into a glaze and pour it over the cake when it has completely cooled off.