GastroMax-video: Chocolate decorations using cookie cutters
Making chocolate decorations yourself is a nice way to add something extra to desserts.
See the video for instructions and the full recipe below.
200 g dark chocolate
1) Place 2/3 of the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and place onto a sauce pan with water inside.
2) Place the pan in medium heat and let the chocolate melt slowly stirring occasionally.
3) Keep doing this until the chocolate heats up to 37-40 °C (chocolate should be liquid). Use a thermometer to check the temperature.
4) Add in the rest of the chocolate (1/3) and lift the bowl off the heat.
5) Mix in the unmelted chocolate and let the temperature of the mix cool down to 29 °C.
6) Place the bowl back to the heated pan with water and let temperature rise until 34-36 °C.
7) Pour the chocolate onto a baking sheet and use dough scraper to smooth over.
8) Once the chocolate has set a bit, use cookie cutters to press shapes onto it.
9) You can use the chocolate shapes to decorate desserts, like this berry parfait.