GastroMax video recipe: Jerusalem artichoke soup and cress salad
This delicious soup is a perfect dish for a light dinner or as lunch. Pack the soup and the cress salad in GastroMax leakproof lunch boxes and take with you to work.
Recipe by the Culinary Team of Finland.
See the video for instructions and the full recipe below!
- 750 g Jerusalem artichokes
- 100 g potatoes
- 1 shallot
- 1 tbsp butter
- 7,5 dl water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 dl cream
- Cress mix
- Olive oil
- Peel and chop the Jerusalem artichokes and potatoes and place in a bowl of cold water to keep from getting brown.
- Peel and chop the shallot.
- Fry the shallot gently in a sauce pan with butter until softened but not coloured.
- Add the water and the vegetable stock cube. Bring to a boil.
- Add the chopped vegetables to the boiling water.
- Let boil until soft, for about 20-30 minutes.
- Puree the soup, add the cream and season.
- Grate the apple.
- Place the cress mix in a bowl and add the olive oil and grated apple.
- Add the salad on top of the soup when serving.