GastroMax video recipe: Pan-fried salmon with fennel and apple salad
This fish dish is fresh and works both as lunch or dinner. Make it more filling with adding potatoes or cauliflower on the side. Pack the salmon, salad and mayonnaise in GastroMax lunch boxes and take with you to work.
Recipe by the Culinary Team of Finland.
See the video for instructions and the full recipe below!
Fennel and apple salad:
- 1 fennel
- 1 apple
- Slice the fennel to thin slices using a mandolin slicer.
- Slice the apple and cut to matchstick-sized strips.
- Combine the fennel and apple. Add some lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- 0,5 dl mayonnaise
- Fresh dill
- Chop the dill.
- Combine the dill with the mayonnaise.
- 200 g salmon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp butter
- Potatoes/cauliflower for a side dish
- Prepare the salad and mayonnaise first.
- Rub the fish with salt.
- Heat the frying pan and add the butter and the oil.
- Fry the salmon skin side down first, 2-3 minutes depending on the size of the filet.
- Flip gently and continue to cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Combine the fish, salad and mayonnaise onto a plate as a dish. You can serve this with for example boiled/roasted potatoes or steamed cauliflower.