GastroMax video recipe: Pickled vegetables
Pickling is an easy preserving method and a quick way to add more flavor to vegetables.
See the video for instructions and the full recipe below!
Recipe by the Culinary Team of Finland.
350 g vegetables, eg. cucumber/carrots
1. Slice the vegeatables to thin slices using the mandoline slicer.
2. Prepare the pickling juice (see separate instrucions).
3. Pour the juice to a food storage container (that stands heat) on top of the sliced vegetables and place in the fridge to cool down.
4. Let sit in the fridge until the next day.
The flavours will intensify for a long time after the pickling, because the pickling juice kills the bacteria that forms in the aging process.
1 dl vinegar
3 dl sugar
3 dl water
1. Measure the juice ingredients to a sauce pan and bring to boil.
2. Pour the juice over the vegetables.