GastroMax video recipe: Salad with fried goat cheese and beetroot pesto
This salad is a perfect combination of flavors thanks to the delicious pesto and the pan-fried goat cheese. Pack the salad, cheese and pesto in GastroMax lunch boxes and take with you to work.
Recipe by the Culinary Team of Finland.
See the video for instructions and the full recipe below!
- 1 cooked beetroot
- 2 tbsp oil
- Fresh basil
- 1 tsp pine nuts
- 0,5 dl grated parmesan cheese
- 0,5 tsp garlic
- Black pepper
- Place the cooked beetroot into a blender with peeled garlic and run smooth.
- Add the pine nuts, basil and oil and mix together.
- Add the grated cheese at the end and run until smooth.
- 100 g goat cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salad mix
- Prepare the beetroot pesto first. (See separate instructions).
- Combine the salad mix ingredients and add some lime juice and salt.
- Heat up a frying pan and add some olive oil.
- Fry the goat cheese about a minute on both sides.
- Add the cheese and pesto on top of the the salad mix.