Blueberry pie with meringue topping
A new way to enjoy blueberry pie! This delicious recipe is developed by the Culinary Team of Finland.
250g unsalted butter
250g wheat flour
1. Whisk the butter and sugar together until they form a soft foam.
2. Sift in the flour and mix until yellow and work the pastry to form a ball with it.
3. Add in the egg and stir with a spatula.
4. Place in the fridge to rest for 25 minutes.
5. Roll out the dough thinly in a rectangular shape and lift carefully into the pie pan. Trim the edges.
250g jam sugar
1 dl water
1. dd the blueberries, water and sugar to a sauce pan.
2. Bring to a boil and mix until smooth with a blender.
3. Boil for another 5 minutes and then let cool down.
4. Add the mixture on top of the pie pastry and sprinkle some icing sugar on top.
5. Bake in 175° C for 25 minutes.
250g icing sugar
100g egg whites
1. Pour the egg whites into a bowl and whisk until the foam is glossy and firm
2. Pipe the meringue on top of the blueberry pie using the GastroMax piping set.
3. Bake for 2 minutes in 175° C until the meringue is golden brown.
4. Decorate the way you want. In the picture there are crushed macaron shells on top.