Mini malt loafs (8 pcs)
These sweet and salty loafs just melt in your mouth. You can make 8 small loafs or one big one with this recipe developed by the Finnish Culinary Team.
430 g wheat flour
25 g salt
50 g fresh yeast
2,5 dl dark syrup
50 g wheat bran
165 g beer malt
250 g rye flour
7 dl buttermilk
50 g butter
0,5 dl dark syrup
1. First mix the yeast and buttermilk together in a large bowl or in the mixer.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix as an even batter.
3. Pour the dough into a well-greased GastroMax loaf pan and let rise for one hour.
4. Bake in 180°C the center of oven approx. 50 minutes. Let the loafs cool a bit and then remove from the pan for glazing.
5. Melt the butter in a sauce pan and mix in the syrup.
6. Baste the bread with the glaze and bake another 10 minutes in 180°C.